This flat bread pizza is fantastic for a quick, flavor packed, weeknight dinner or appetizer at your next get together! It comes together quickly, with plenty of ways to modify to fit your tastes and needs.
Shrimp and Pesto Flat Bread Pizza
Super fast, and packed with flavor, this flat bread pizza is a delicious addition to your dinner rotation.
- 6 Naan Bread
- 6 tbsp pesto
- 1 red pepper
- 1 ½ cups Italian cheese blend
- ¾ lb shrimp, uncooked (or chicken)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle garlic powder and salt on shrimp or chicken, set aside. Slice red pepper in strips and cut in half. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add red pepper and saute until cooked. *For an even quicker option, substitute fresh red pepper for ready made roasted red peppers or sun dried tomatoes.
- Assemble by spreading 1 tbsp of pesto on each flat bread, sprinkle with a small handful of cheese. Divide shrimp and red peppers among the flat breads, and top with remaining cheese. This is the trick to juicy shrimp (!!!), putting half the cheese on top of the shrimp really locks in the moisture. *If using chicken, cut into small pieces, or use pre-cooked chicken.
- Bake flat breads for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and shrimp is cooked.