I was introduced to this recipe about 9 years ago when I was living in Boston. I was having a terrible day, so I did what I always did, and headed to my best friend’s house for some girl time. She was in the process of cooking up these delicious lentils, and they totally hit the spot! They’re fast, delicious, and so very comforting. Enjoy!
Enjoy this quick and delicious fat burning meal. Perfect on a cold day or if you're just in the mood for some simple comfort food.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 onion large
- 1 cup lentils brown/green basic lentils, best if soaked overnight
- 4 cup water
- 2 bullion cubes of choice or just use 4 cups veggie or chicken broth instead of water
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet potato, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 Tbs curry powder
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- Sauté together butter (can substitute with olive oil or margarine), onions, garlic, and spices. Add water, lentils. In a separate bowel combine the diced tomatoes with the sweet potato. (I usually blend these together in my magic bullet.) Then add to pan/pot. Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Adrianne Neiss
Serving: 4g | Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 2936mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g