Fresh Italian Chicken Sausage Salad
Simple Italian-style salad with a healthy flavorful chicken sausage for added protein.
Servings: 6 servings
- 10 oz Chicken Sausage
- 1 cup Sweet Mini Peppers
- 6 oz Grape Tomatoes
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- 4 Cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 Sweet Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp 1.2g, Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Cheese - Parmesan, shredded
- half can Black Olives
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Cook chicken sausage in olive oil until heated through and slice
- While the sausage is cooking, slice and chop the other veggies and toss into a bowl
- Add sliced chicken sausage and dressing (see below), and toss until everything is coated nicely. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- This is where I like to cheat and use Olive Garden Italian dressing or Newman's Own Creamy Italian dressing from the store. You just can't beat it!
- However, if you prefer you to make your own, this recipe from Family Fresh Meals is yum: https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/08/copycat-olive-garden-salad-dressing-recipe.html